Clues: State #46
- Clue #1: Famous for his iconic “Love” series, this pop artist who took his last name from his home state died at 89.
- Clue #2: Eight years after beating Birch Bayh to win a Senate seat repping this state, Dan Quayle got elected veep.
- Clue #3: In this state when it's noon in Poseyville, it's 1 p.m. in Muncie, which is on Eastern Time.
Answer: State #46
What is Indiana?
Clues: State #47
- Clue #1: The name of this state is slang for maple syrup.
- Clue #2: Hop aboard the Green Mountain Flyer for a scenic tour of this state's fall foliage.
- Clue #3: At about 4,400 feet, Mount Mansfield in the Green Mountains is the highest point in this state.
Answer: State #47
What is Vermont?
Clues: State #48
- Clue #1: Oops, you crammed for the multistate bar exam, but this state with laws deriving from the Napoleonic code doesn't use it.
- Clue #2: The Catahoula leopard dog, bred to find livestock in swamps, is its state dog.
- Clue #3: In 1986 the beignet became the official doughnut of this state.
You may also like: 50 ways America is projected to change by 2050
Answer: State #48
What is Louisiana?
Clues: State #49
- Clue #1: Weel Lunk, "Place of the Skull," for a white man's noggin stuck on a pole, may have given Wheeling in this state its name.
- Clue #2: This state says it has the first brick-paved street in America—on Summers Street near the Kanawha River in Charleston.
- Clue #3: The words "Battle Born" appear on the flag of this state that entered the Union during the Civil War.
Answer: State #49
What is West Virginia?
Clues: State #50
- Clue #1: This state's Chincoteague Island, off its eastern shore, is known as a playground for wild ponies.
- Clue #2: In 1967 it was Loving v. this state in a decision on interracial marriage.
- Clue #3: In 1985 this state elected Lt. Gov. L. Douglas Wilder as its first African-American statewide officeholder.
Answer: State #50
What is Virginia?
You may also like: Most popular baby names for boys the year you were born2018 All rights reserved.