Clues: State #16
- Clue #1: Arbor Day was first celebrated in 1872 in this state; other states soon followed.
- Clue #2: The largest area of sand dunes in the U.S. lies mainly in this state, north of the Platte River.
- Clue #3: Cherry County, which borders South Dakota on the north, is this state's largest county, exceeding Connecticut in area.
Answer: State #16
What is Nebraska?
Clues: State #17
- Clue #1: Over 40 carats, the largest diamond found in the U.S. was discovered in 1924 in what is now this state's Crater of Diamonds park.
- Clue #2: Tennessee, Mississippi, and this state on their western borders are true red states: That color is their flags' main background.
- Clue #3: The area around Hot Springs National Park in this state is called "The American Spa."
Answer: State #17
What is Arkansas?
Clues: State #18
- Clue #1: Years after the Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889, a similar one occurred on Sioux Indian holdings in this state.
- Clue #2: Mount Rushmore is named for Charles Rushmore, a lawyer sent to check on land ownership in 1885 in what's now this state.
- Clue #3: Jewel Cave in this state's Black Hills is home to nine species of bats, including the rare Townsend's big-eared.
You may also like: Most imported endangered animals to America
Answer: State #18
What is South Dakota?
Clues: State #19
- Clue #1: A case regarding the Voting Rights Act in 2013 pitted Shelby County of this state v. Holder.
- Clue #2: Hurricane Katrina devastated Louisiana and also this state's coastal communities of Dauphin Island and Bayou La Batre.
- Clue #3: Starring Melanie Griffith: "Crazy in ____."
Answer: State #19
What is Alabama?
Clues: State #20
- Clue #1: This "Nutmeg State" was the fifth state to join the Union.
- Clue #2: An article called "A Tip Of The Hat To Danbury," in this state, tells how JFK helped kill an industry with his bareheaded ways.
- Clue #3: Ditching the usual walk-in method, a robber from Bridgeport in this state called ahead to a bank to have $100,000 waiting.
Answer: State #20
What is Connecticut?
You may also like: States sending the most young people to the military2018 All rights reserved.