Clues: State #41
- Clue #1: This state's name originally began with "Ou" until Congress changed it to a "W."
- Clue #2: Founded by the Jesuits in 1881, Marquette University is the largest private college in this state.
- Clue #3: William Hoard was instrumental in founding the USA's first dairy school at the University of this state—where else?
Answer: State #41
What is Wisconsin?
Clues: State #42
- Clue #1: Ice cream cones were reportedly first served at the 1904 World's Fair in this state.
- Clue #2: Truman State University in this state (where else?) has a low student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1.
- Clue #3: This state has beer and music—the Anheuser-Busch Brewery and the Scott Joplin residence.
Answer: State #42
What is Missouri?
Clues: State #43
- Clue #1: In 1945 scientists in this state witnessed the detonation of the world's first atomic bomb.
- Clue #2: You can look over the Rio Grande while relaxing in Ralph Edwards Park in Truth or Consequences in this state.
- Clue #3: The Clovis people, who date back 13,000 years, were named for the town in this state where artifacts were first found.
You may also like: U.S. Navy history from the year you were born
Answer: State #43
What is New Mexico?
Clues: State #44
- Clue #1: The Pretenders' "My City Was Gone" rhymes "malls" with Cuyahoga Falls and "A-o-way to go" with this state.
- Clue #2: Robert Taft, a Republican senator from this state, sought the White House in 1948 and 1952.
- Clue #3: Published in her 80s, Helen Hooven Santmyer's "...And Ladies of the Club" was based on her long life in Xenia in this state.
Answer: State #44
What is Ohio?
Clues: State #45
- Clue #1: The Swenson family operates this state's largest granite quarry on Rattlesnake Hill.
- Clue #2: In New England, Jeanne Shaheen defeated John Sununu to become this state's first female senator.
- Clue #3: For several decades, Dixville Notch in this state traditionally has voted first in the U.S. presidential elections.
Answer: State #45
What is New Hampshire?
You may also like: Fastest-warming cities in the U.S.2018 All rights reserved.